Do you try to avoid being a nuisance? Staying out of the way and not pushing your own preferences onto others. Maybe people even think you let people take advantage of you?
…But Sometimes It’s Necessary to Be a Nuisance
Many of the introverts and highly sensitive people I meet are what I can only describe as ‘socially conscientious resisters’. It’s all a part of being a gentle rebel, but explains why they have what might feel like a contradictory drive to keep the peace (not be a nuisance/kick up a fuss), while at the same time feeling compelled to speak up when a situation really calls for it.
In this show we look at what this looks like and how it can seem like a real mixed bag for highly sensitive people.
In this episode I cover:
- Why some people believe they are ‘doormats’ because they avoid being a ‘nuisance’ and don’t like to kick up a fuss about every little thing.
- How this serves your voice to be more impactful rather than less
- What it means to have an attitude bank account and why we all possess one
- Why HSPs are not always compassionate, considerate, and empathetic
- The danger of getting drawn into other peoples’ battles and how to avoid it
Over to You
Do you ever act counter to your own interests or preferences for fear of being a nuisance? What is the most extreme thing you’ve done as a result of that drive? Please leave your response below (I tell you mine at the end of the episode)
There is a Patreon page for this podcast. This allows you to communicate your support for the show and encourage me to remain consistent in the creation of this content and in constantly seeking to take it to the next level. I am so incredibly thankful to those of you who continue to listen every week and for those of you decide to show your support by becoming a Patreon supporter (list of supporters here).