How often does reality match up to the expectations you have for it?
We carry expectations everywhere and often use them to judge things, people, and situations without necessarily realising. This can have all sorts of negative implications on our relationships, our careers, and our attitude towards life.
In this episode I outline 9 important guidelines to help us move from disappointment and let down to a healthy relationship with what we expect from the world. I look at how we can use boundaries to establish expectations that others have of us and that we can have of them.
The 9 Guidelines to Remember when Assessing Expectations:
- First Impressions Can Be Changed
- Your Tone Becomes the Tone of the Relationship
- You Have to Start with the Doormat
- You Have Control Over the Boundaries
- Give Permission for Growth and Acceptance
- Be Willing to Adapt Your Expectations
- Get Conscious About Your Expectations
- Communicate Your Expectations
- See Expectations as a Positive Yardstick to work with
If you want to take this stuff deeper then come and check out the Haven which is an exclusive community for introverts and HSPs who want to make their impact on an overwhelming world.
The Haven provides bonus weekly content and an extremely supportive community of people like you, navigating their own journey and desire to change the world in small ways that chime with their gentle and sensitive soul. Learn more about it here.