The podcast is back after a couple of months off. It has a new jingle and I am taking a more spontaneous, less scripted approach to the show. Inspired by latest book, The Gentle Rebel the podcast will be dedicated to discussing ideas around introversion and High Sensitivity, and how we can make a difference even when we find the world an overwhelming place in which to exist.
In this episode I introduce the concept of the High Sensitive Person and ask whether you identify with any of the traits.
- Do you long to break out of your shell but feel overwhelmed with the desire to run and hide whenever you try?
- Do you get called ‘shy’, ‘quiet’, or ‘introspective’?
- Do you feel inadequate, always comparing your own messy insides with everyone else’s shiny outsides?
- Are you desperate to make a difference; to stamp your mark on the world but fear your might offend or disappoint people?
- Are you thirsting to find meaning and purpose in what you do but have no idea where or how to start?
- Maybe you know what you need to do, you just can’t seem to push yourself to take the plunge…
If so then you are probably a gentle rebel.
“Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” Freud
The Highly Sensitive Person – Elaine Aron (the book)